Forge City Works is offering Culinary and Customer Job Training Program. Master culinary skills and prepare for a job in the culinary industry.Participants earn minimum wage working a mix of in person and classroom learning for 20-25 hours/week for six to eight weeks while learning food preparation, knife skills, and sanitation.
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification
- Paid on the job training
- job readiness skills
- resume development
- employment opportunities in our network
- Be al least 18 years old
- Be a Hartford resident
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- not enrolled in school or another program
- be available to work between 7am and 3 pm, Monday through Friday
- Be curious, ready to learn, and able to complete tasks
- Be interested and eligible to work full-time in a food service career
- Be able to stand for a minimum of 8 hours and be able to lift 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
Pick up an application at the Kitchen 559 Broad Street, Hartford , CT.
They are very competitive and only accept 12-15 individuals per year.
Carla Domingo at email@example.com
Workforce Development Trainee Support and Employment Navigator
860-548-9887 ext. 3
This program is funded in part with Community Development Block Grant Funds allocated to FCW – Job training at the Kitchen by the City of Hartford.