Wednesday, August 13, 2014
10:00am – 3:00pm
21 Grand Street (Between Grand and Hungerford Streets )
Charter Oak Health Center’s ‘2014 National Health Center Week’s Health Fair & Block Party’
Charter Oak Health Center, Inc. hosts its annual Neighborhood Block Party and Wellness Festival on Wednesday, August 13th, in celebration of National Health Center Week.
Charter Oak Health Center’s (COHC) annual Neighborhood Block Party & Wellness Festival will be held during National Community Health Center Week. This FREE family-oriented event will take place Wednesday, August 13th, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in front of Charter Oak Health Center, located at 21 Grand Street in Hartford.
The Neighborhood Block Party & Wellness Festival is an interactive community event to promote healthy lifestyle choices, health education, and preventative medical care for residents of the greater Hartford area. The event showcases health-related resources within our local community.
Event exhibitors include health care and social services agencies providing health screenings for STD and HIV, blood pressure, sugar, glucose, vision, cholesterol, dental screenings, health-related educational information, nutritionists, and of course our FREE farmer’s market. The celebration also features live music from Hot 93.7, the talented singer, dancer and musician, Tangsauce, and the return of the very popular photo booth, airbrush tattoo artists, and face painters!
Charter Oak Health Center would like to recognize and thank the following sponsors for supporting our annual health fair event: ConnectiCare, Hartford Hospital, and Reliable Flooring Contractors
Some of the participating vendors include:
- AIDS Connecticut, Inc.
- A Present Help Counseling Center
- Capital Area Substance Abuse Council
- Capital Community College
- Catholic Charities – Mental Health; Substance Abuse, and Youth Services
- Chrysalis Center
- City of Hartford’s Health & Human Services Department
- Community Renewal Team
- Connecticare, Inc.
- Connecticut Fair Housing Center
- Curtis D. Robinson Men’s Health Institute
- Hartford Hospital
- Hartford Police Department
- It Works
- LAMPP Project at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Lupus Foundation of America; Connecticut Chapter
- The Mobile CPR Project
- Protection & Advocacy for Persons with Disability
- Social Security Administration
- Springfield College School of Human Services
- Walgreens Pharmacy
- Wellcare (Pending submission of application)
- Wheeler Clinic
- Script Flip
- Scleroderma Foundation
- Catholic Charities – Fatherhood Program
- The Village for Families & Children
- Verve Massage & Spa Services
For additional information regarding this event, please contact Jesse Grant, Charter Oak Health Center at (860) 830-0686.