Earn-a-Bike is BiCi Co’s premier bicycle mechanic teen training program. It is a hands-on experience that develops teens skills in repairing and maintaining bikes. At the end of the class, youth participants will get to keep the bicycle they’ve tuned up, along with bike lights and a bike lock. Pre-Registration is required. And the class fills up. Don’t wait to register or invite to invite a young person to participate!
This program is for Hartford area teens between the ages of 13 and 19. The first meeting will be a kickoff and informational session. Parents are invited.
At the BiCi Co. Earn-a-Bike Program you will:
– Fix a bike for our community and then fix a bike for yourself.
– Learn about bike repair from expert mechanics. Hands on!
– Learn the rules of the road and advanced bike handling skills.
– Get a bicycle helmet, a bike lock, and lights.
– Bicycle lights (front and rear) – Quality, weather resistant bicycle lights will be provided.
– Bicycle helmet – Proper helmet fit and importance of use will be part of the curriculum.
– Bicycle lock – The rider needs a secure bicycle lock and knowledge on how to use it properly.
– Retro-reflective stickers – To augment low light and nighttime visibility.
– A Bicycle – Each student that completes the course will obtain a general purpose bicycle. The bicycle will be tuned up, ready to ride, and sized to fit the student.
To register follow this link: https://centerlatino.wufoo.com/forms/spring-2018-earnabike-online-registration/